topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, December 29, 2022

The Met is Still Acting Stupid

Grace and I met up again (with her oldest daughter) and went to the Met.

I renewed my membership online yesterday; usually I do it in-person.

At entry, they told me my card expired which I thought was weird because I renewed and it didn't show up. I showed them the email. They said ok, get a new card at the membership desk.

So we went over there.

The woman there was really rude.
Just... rude, and one of those power-trippy gatekeepers with no social skills who have to be snippy because they are miserable with their own lies.

She probably lives in Staten Island.

Apparently their card printing machine was broken. So she gave me a stupid paper slip.

And then she ... confiscated my old card!

The Met has pretty membership cards and I have a little collection of them.
But she wouldn't give it back. She said I can't have 2.
I said but it doesn't work anyhow so why does it matter?
Plus if I never went to the member desk I'd still have the old card so what does it matter?
The card was pretty and has Van Gogh on it.

She said you renewed on a different account.
I said... I used the renewal email to do it. Why is it a different account?

She said ... I don't know.

In the past when I renewed they have always handed my old card back.

I know it's a dumb thing to get upset over, but she was really rude and I've been a paying member for many years.. she should have much better people skills. And it's a fucking expire card. Wat's the big hairy deal?

ALSO:

1. My Memling is not on display again. Boo.
2. The Met has a new stupid backpack rule that you have to wear it on your front now, because.... you might damage the artwork.

They are so so stupid there.

I love The Met but oh man are they dumb in their arbitrary power trips.

******
Anyhow.
We went thru the Tudors exhibit (again for me.)

And the Maya exhibit.

Hannah and I love this alligator.


The Christmas tree.




Grace and I sketched this statue.
Hannah sketched a different statue.



 
This guy was drawing in the American Wing.
Insta @manofthemet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!