There are 2 Chicago shows today and I volunteered to help with concessions during both shows.
I did this for Cinderella too, back in 2019.
Mostly I was prepared to watch everything between shows, but others stayed as well so I didn't paint. That's ok.
I did this for Cinderella too, back in 2019.
Mostly I was prepared to watch everything between shows, but others stayed as well so I didn't paint. That's ok.
I enjoy volunteering but at the same time it kind of messes me up mentally, I am noticing.
Through Daya's childhood one of the hardest things has been seeing other families celebrate together.
Through Daya's childhood one of the hardest things has been seeing other families celebrate together.
That's one of the things about raising her that has been so difficult- going through the good moments alone.
Daya is not in the show but seeing everyone come together for their kids, all these families, reminds me of how alone I am and have been, and the complete lack of people (family) in my life. Sometimes it really hits home in a bad way.
Especially with all the therapy stuff going on right now.
(Sometimes the therapist says things that really piss me off, and I think if he was a parent he would definitely approach things differently. Sometimes I disagree with him. Other insights he has are quite good and helpful. I guess Daya likes him and she's willing to talk to him so that's good, I'll take all the help I can get even if I don't necessarily agree with it. I just don't like getting hurt, and the sessions do hurt me. They also help, but I'm just so burnt out and tired from all of it. I have had enough.
Some things he has said to me stick in my head in a bad way and I don't think he should have said it to me in the way he did. (Again, back to the not-a-parent thing.))
I'm so unhappy with how everything is.
This is a dark time, and everything just feels like one pile of shit after another.
But anyhow, I did enjoy the volunteering and it was good to get out.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!