The weather forecast kept flipping back and forth. Rain. No rain. Not much rain.
So I decided to go out and paint.
Grace came in from New Jersey and we met at Turtle Pond.
I was already painting when she arrived.
She said there's a HUGE rainstorm on the way.
I said I have an umbrella.
And she was right, it really rained but I painted anyhow.
My goal was simplification and getting rained on really helps with that because you just can't focus on anything other than big-picture.
I also have a third plein air pet: a robin. He kept coming over to hang out.
11x14 oil
************
RAIN AND OIL PAINT
This is the third time i have been rained on at Turtle Pond.
In previous rained-on adventured, I discovered that oil paint does not adhere to a wet panel.
That's why there are white bits in the lower left.
I did find, though, that oil paint will still adhere over oil paint when it is raining.
So if you find yourself caught in the rain while painting, get the whole panel covered before it gets wet.
Then you can still paint and it will stick.
In previous rained-on adventured, I discovered that oil paint does not adhere to a wet panel.
That's why there are white bits in the lower left.
I did find, though, that oil paint will still adhere over oil paint when it is raining.
So if you find yourself caught in the rain while painting, get the whole panel covered before it gets wet.
Then you can still paint and it will stick.
***********
As soon as I packed up it stopped raining.
***********
Grace's mom was with us and we decided to try and get into the Museum of Natural History.
We did not have reservations and they don't even let you in line to get in without seeing your email confirmation. Also, everyone goes to the museum when it is raining. There were no slots available online, not even for people paying full price.
We did not have reservations and they don't even let you in line to get in without seeing your email confirmation. Also, everyone goes to the museum when it is raining. There were no slots available online, not even for people paying full price.
But I am a member, and Grace said let's try anyhow.
The lady guarding the line was nice and asked to see my member card. Then she pointed us to another entrance that I didn't even know about where there is a membership desk. (It isn't the member desk in the main hall, it is downstairs.)
The nice man at the member desk said sure, come on in!
He gave us three tickets and entrance to the very excellent exhibit on color.
The lady guarding the line was nice and asked to see my member card. Then she pointed us to another entrance that I didn't even know about where there is a membership desk. (It isn't the member desk in the main hall, it is downstairs.)
The nice man at the member desk said sure, come on in!
He gave us three tickets and entrance to the very excellent exhibit on color.
I asked when does my membership expire? I knew it was soon.
He said it expired already, do I want to renew? Yes, of course.
At the same membership level?
He said it expired already, do I want to renew? Yes, of course.
At the same membership level?
Yes of course. (I get the dual membership which gets 2 people in, it is $115.)
Out of nowhere he said I'm giving you $25 off, so it's only $90 today.
!!!!
Such amaze!
***********
The color exhibit is very good, if you are in the area you should go see it.
I like this color:
There is a cool section on skin tones & Pantone:
There are a few live animals, bugs and frogs and stuff like that.
These beetles were mating:
You never know what you'll find at the museum!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!