I went painting after work.
Janet, who sat next to me at the office when we had an office, and who also lives in my neighborhood, came out to chat while i painted. It was pretty cool of her to stand on a train platform for as long as she did!
This painting took about 2 1/2 hours, as my 8x10s often do. (Janet wasn't there the whole time, I had to pry her away from working by sending an ALL CAPS email to her work address! She laughed and logged off work.)
This is the Long Island Railroad station in Forest Hills.
The trains periodically come by super-fast and it's a bit scary each time, because some of them are right next to the platform. Stay behind the yellow line is excellent advice.
The trains periodically come by super-fast and it's a bit scary each time, because some of them are right next to the platform. Stay behind the yellow line is excellent advice.
I'd like to do some more paintings on train platforms. It's challenging.
I left out the.... I don't know what it is called.... the thing that spans above the tracks.
Now looking at the painting I wish I had put it in. Next time.
I was kind of lucky to finish before losing light.
Now looking at the painting I wish I had put it in. Next time.
I was kind of lucky to finish before losing light.
I do like painting with company sometimes, and Janet is great company- but it requires a different kind of focus. It's a little more difficult, actually.
Probably now that the weather is nice and days are longer, I'll go painting after work like I used to, just not in Central Park. That's good though because it will give me different scenes and challenges.
8x10 oil


I think it is great. That thing across the track isn't missed by me. I think the sunset might be framed good with that thing. But it would take away from the sky.
ReplyDelete