topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, May 15, 2021

Kayak Views

There is free kayaking at the boathouse at Pier 26.
When I painted the geisha in Central Park, I met a new friend, Kedrin, who volunteers at the boathouse.
They are not open for the season yet but it was a friends and family day so she invited me and Grace, and I brought Janet too.

The water was amazing and we stayed out for about 3 1/2 hours.
I am going to volunteer at the boathouse this summer.
It's a good volunteer thing to do, I can learn new stuff, meet new people, and kayak a lot.  It's very physical which I want.

And I love the water!




There is a new park around Pier 26 which is really lovely.
Janet left early but the rest of us got sushi and had an impromptu picnic in the park overlooking the water.

I did intend to paint but it didn't happen.











1 comment:

  1. What lovely photos. It sounds like a great new thing in your life. Fresh air and being on the water it a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!