topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, October 07, 2017

Mystery: Solved

On July 13 I posted on Facebook desperately asking for help identifying a pastel:

Today I identified it.  It is a Sennelier after all (722), and if i hadn't emptied out my box and started matching what was in there with my identified storage, I might not have ever guessed it.

This box has primarily Blick brand (they are really good) and a set of 80 Sennelier half sticks.

I matched the mystery Pastel by accident and I NEVER would have guessed it.
Pastels do get a little dirty or different looking when used and stored together, but you can clean them in coirnmeal.  Also the surface where they are freshly rubbed shows the true color.

So I never would have guessed the exact match is a much bluer stick, but it is.
I'm going to match the stick with open stock to find the number which will be easy.
I have done this but only with sticks that looked much greener.

Look at the difference- but they really are an identical match.
(The bottom one lives in my box.  The top one lives in my Sennelier Paris Collection box.)






2 comments:

  1. You are all matched up, neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That box is so beautiful with all those pastels inside!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!