I (reluctantly) left all my pastels at home and took my oils out.... but truly it felt good to work in oil again.
Painting from Central Park (somewhere in the low 70s, East side)
8x10 oil on panel, almost exactly 2 hours.
I primed the panel with Gamblin's Brown-Pink which I like extremely very much.
Pic of the start:
My beloved tripod is dying slowly and I also have a gear issue with my umbrella which I kind of needed but ended up not using. I think I can fix the umbrella with some epoxy.
My tripod might need some too, the ball head where the quick release assembly attaches to the tripod is wobbly. Wobbly inside and it should not be. I'm going to see if getting some epoxy inside will help it out a bit.
One of the legs won't really stay out on its own anymore, it is rather floppy, though this isn't a problem as it is ok when the tripod is standing up.
There is beach sand stuck in another of the legs and it is hard to pull out.
But all in all I paid less than $50 for this tripod and it has been abused for 7 years so........
It is a wonderful tripod and especially since I have another Big Heavy Weight one for the really heavy stuff I don't abuse this one as much as I used to. (That's what killed the ball head over time)
I think some glue ought to fix it for a while longer though, we;ll see.
I love the way you captured the light in the trees and the grass.
ReplyDeleteTripods do take a beating. We have an old heavy one that we have to tighten the legs often etc.
Jess, the picture turned out beautiful... it sounds like it was the perfect weather to paint outside... you are so talented xox
ReplyDelete