I can't believe how well I slept in my hammock!
Hammock with wet clothes from last night's swim....
And without.
More people are arriving around 10:45.
Of course the morning plan was get caffeine and paint, and that's exactly what I did, nice and early.
This painting was done about an hour after sunrise.
It was a fun painting to paint, and took about 40 minutes.
Dense woods foliage can be a challenge with composition, and this probably isn't my best one, but I'm still happy with it.
6x8 oil
The breakfast fire:
Then more people arrived.
I went kayaking with some of them.
Right at dusk, before dinner, I did another painting.
It's another 40 minute painting...the light changes so fast!
When I started painting the light was very golden, then at the end hints of pink appeared so I added it in.
6x8 oil
Aside from the box and tripod, this is my entire camping set up.
Everything fits in my small day pack.
All 9 tubes of paint fit inside my belly river box.
If I had to pare it down I could take 4 tubes, but I didn't have to so I didn't.
Sometimes people will pre-load a 7 day pill container or something, but I don't do that for 2 reasons:
1) I don't want to run out of paint, and I don't know what colors the situation will call for and
2) I use some VERY expensive paint and once it's out of the tube it's pretty much done. Yes the WiIlliamsburgs and Vasaris stay open for quite a while but I just think there is more potential waste and of course oxygen exposure and I prefer just taking tubes.
But Jessica, you might say, Why are you taking such expensive paint camping?
You could just bring cheaper paint.
Yes, yes I could do that.
but.... my snob paints LOVE to go outdoors and also I like using my expensive paint.
It handles differently and is so strong.
The Williamsburg cadmiums and cobalts aren't too terrible, they are about $33/tube.
(Williamsburg has an excellent Cobalt Turquoise PG 50)
That tube of Vasari cobalt turquoise (it's a PB 36 but very close to PG 50) is $71.
It is so lovely to use!
The other thing about Vasari is once you are used to their prices, Williamsburg is affordable by comparison!
Aimee took my pic while I was painting.
Note to C who commented about it- if you are reading this which I do not know- large public group situation. And yes you still have to respect my wishes about this when I visit. It's a very big deal to me, it always will be, and this boundary needs to be respected. If you care about me at all you will continue to honor my wishes, even if you don't like or understand it.
Good boathouse people.
Tonight I did not go to sleep at 1am again....no midnight swim for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!