topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, March 14, 2025

Evening Light in Central Park

The spring forward time change means it's time to go painting after work, weather permitting.
Right now the sunset is right around 7pm.
Factoring in travel time and keeping that under an hour (hopefully) gives me enough time to log off work around 4 and head out. I can be set up and starting to paint around 5:30 if I time it right.

Tonight I brought my new Vasari paints to Central Park to give them a test run.
I stood on a rock by the east side of Trefoil Arch and painted this tree.
It's just a quick sketch and took a little over an hour.

I love... LOVE these new colors!
8x10 oil




Here are some squirrel friends who live by the rock:





Trefoil Arch has a cool-looking orange glow in the evening:



I entered and exited the park at E 72nd and passed by Conservatory Water.
It is still empty; they drain it for the cold season.

Despite it being empty, and probably 3 1/2 feet deep with a concrete bottom, there are FOUR ice rescue ladders there!!




I think the bottom would make a cool painting... I wonder if I can stand in the basin and paint??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!