topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, November 12, 2022

Computer Migration Gone Awry

Computer rebuilds are in the near future at work and it will make my team inoperable.
Everything is going on serious lockdown and our software won't run.

The company solution is to put a few people on macs, since they won't support 2 Windows environments.
I was recently added to the Teams group on the laptop rebuild, which is stressful because I know I'll see that rebuild email any day now.

We were supposed to get our MacBook Pros in mid-October.

Yesterday, we finally got them.
I cancelled my day off and went into the office to see my manager and one other person on my team.
It was so nice to see them!!!
We got our computers and then sat and chatted for a while.

The tech people said first thing GO HOME because the internet in the office can't handle the setup.
I ran the update last night.
It took a long time.
HOURS.



Now I am having MAJOR issues since my project files didn't sync to my OneDrive and are stuck on my old computer.
My external hard drive access is active on the old computer and I thought we were supposed to have it on the Macs but we don't.
I got kicked off company resources IMMEDIATELY on my old computer; I was not expecting that.

I'm kinda screwed.
I have 37 gigs of project files- 5 months' worth- stuck on the old laptop.....
This is VERY stressful.... I was hoping to have everything done over the weekend and be up and running Monday.........

This has swallowed my whole day; needless to say I am not out painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!