topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

17

 Daya is 17 today.

I am going through a very rough patch with her, well it's not new but it's not getting any better and I'm tired and worn out and exhausted and really unhappy.

I'm not going into the latest specifics but I'm having a really hard time right now.

This week is parent observation week at Manhattan Youth Ballet and I went.
I did a painting.
Ms Debbie thought I was cool.... even though she is significantly cooler than I could ever hope to be....

No pictures or video allowed, but no one ever says no painters............

Hour and a half 5x7 pastel of Ms Debbie’s technique class at Manhattan Youth Ballet.
Painting dance classes is in many ways more difficult than plein air because of composition decisions that have to be made early but the scene constantly changes and there is no time for anything! (The light stays still and the composition ref moves, vs in plein air the composition stays still and the light moves)




**********
After dance, at Daya's request, we spent the rest of her birthday in therapy.

It was a good session (I think?) but very difficult.
At least she's going.

I'm wiped out and tired of feeling so bad inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!