topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, August 06, 2022

Heatwave Painting

After the 5k, we raided the fridge for water at the boathouse.
I thought there would be water at the race.... but nope, just ice cream and warm Fanta, which Daya couldn't even drink and I don't blame her.

Fortunately, I know the combination to the Governor's Island boathouse and can raid the fridge, which is well-stocked with water.

Then Daya caught the 9:45 ferry back, and I stayed on Governor's Island.

I had my painting gear nd my boathouse volunteer gear, and I wasn't sure quite what to do.
I was too early for volunteering so I figured I should attempt a painting, even though I still feel weird and kinda artistically dead.

So I found a spot and did a painting, and i am so, so very out-of-practice.  I really felt it.
The painting is "meh", I had some trouble I don't usually have due to being rusty, but I got through it!

I still feel weird.

But I showed up and did it!
8x10 oil 2 1/2 hours







My new box is good, it feels a lot different than my Belly River and I'm getting used to it.

Afterwards i did volunteer at the boathouse for about an hour and a half, but between the horrible heat and waking up at 5am, I caught the 3pm ferry back and went home.



******
I haven't bought a new game for a long time, but there is a new one out called Stray.

It is EXCELLENT.

I have caught (so far) two Skyrim easter eggs.... one of the characters says "Some may call this junk. Me? I call them treasures!"

And the second one...




HAHAHAHAHA!

1 comment:

  1. Busy busy. have fun with your new game. Maybe you can stay inside where it is cool and play.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!