topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Furball's Dental

Today was a really stressful day.

Furball had a dental appointment, and I almost couldn't get her there.
She's the sweetest cat in the world, but she has an instant panic-terror reflex that kicks in at absolutely nothing.

After her last vet visit she stopped eating pill pockets as treats, which meant I had to give her a sedative by force.  I almost could not do it.

I can't medicate Furball. She's too freaky and panicky.
After the third attempt I said a desperate prayer for help, wrapped her in a towel, and knew I only had one chance... and I got 2 pills in her at once, with difficulty and a huge scratch on my neck.

About 2 hours later I took her to the vet, she was terrified, and left her for her dental.

She needed SIX extractions.

OMG.

I told the vet do everything, this is our one chance.

The bill came to $1400, and Furball got a pinkiller shot that lasts 4 days and has her high as a kite.

I'm really glad this is over and done...... so between Furball and Pebbles I now have 2K in vet bills.

Fuck August.


1 comment:

  1. Dang, vets are even more expensive up your way. AWUFL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!