topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, September 19, 2021

Roosevelt Island Bridge- Finished!

I finished my commissioned painting today and I'm really happy with it.
My client is also very happy.
9x12 oil
Total painting time around was 6 hours. (standing in the full sun the whole time!)



*********
You know what's REALLY cool?
When I am out painting, halfway done, and someone passes by and asks how much.... and I tell them the price and say this painting is a custom commission and is already sold!

That feels SO good!!!

*********

The photos outside were so blue! I think it's because there were no clouds today and the time of day/location spot.  Usually this doesn't happen in such an extreme way.





There is plein air pressure when it is a commission, because there is no luxury of the studio.
When I work with clients I really truly want them to be happy, this is their painting and I respect they are paying me to do this.

I am very relieved my client is so happy!

1 comment:

  1. I can see why your client is so happy. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!