topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, September 27, 2021

Goodbye, Couch

The only constant is change....
I have been clearing stuff out.

I have too much Stuff and a lot of it is just accumulation from having lived in this apartment for 15 years.

Today I said goodbye to my old and very cat-damaged couch.

The cats do like the couch but..... I think it is time.


Couch minus pillows


I have had this couch since.... 2007?? Something like that.
Sigynn messed it up and the next three cats just continued where she left off.

Daya and I spent a lot of time on this couch.

It was a good couch but these days since Daya is never in my room anymore, it's unoccupied (except for cats).

I removed all paintings from 2 of my walls, and I'm going to paint my room.
It has not been painted since before I moved in.
I have to do it little by little, in sections.

I need a refresh and a change.... it is time.
This is a time of change, as bittersweet as that is.

Most of the paintings that were hanging will not be going back up.  
Many are quite old and do not represent where I am today.
A few will stay.

I'm going to start being better about framing my work.... which stinks because even going low-end it gets expensive.

I'm tired of a mindset of living off scraps.
I want to present my work in my own space in a more professional way.  
Its for me, not anyone else.  
It represents how I feel about my work and where I want to go with it.  
I'm not going to just stick it to the wall anymore.

I love having my walls covered with my work but I also want to elevate my own thinking about it, and my home in general. I want things to be nicer than they have been.

Life is changing and I want the next phase of my life to be ready for new, good energy.
For that, I have to clear old stuff out.

It is an ongoing process but I am proud of my progress so far.

2 comments:

  1. It will be a big effert but so very worth it. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! You are headed in the right direction. Happy!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!