topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Partial Paint

I partially painted my room.
It needs to be done in sections; it is a huge job.

The walls in my room have never been painted since before I moved in.
It's that standard flat white paint.
15 years old.
It looks so dingy.

The landlord offered to paint my apartment several years ago but I declined because it's such a huge job and i would have to move everything all at once.

Plus, I don't want that awful flat white paint.
I put on white semigloss.





There were still scribbles on the wall from when Daya was a toddler.
They were done in water-washable Crayola markers and absolutely nothing would get it out of the wall, not even several Mr Clean Magic erasers.




I was a little sad to paint over it but it had to be done.








I also partially painted the ceiling.
(I used flat ceiling paint for that.)

This will brighten up the room considerably and also cover up the damage I did when I went nuts last summer and put acoustic foam on the ceiling to try to block out the neighbors.
(It did not work, do not do it.)




1 comment:

  1. You are going to be so pleased about this when it is finished. Worth the effort.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!