Remember I went to the eye dr a few weeks ago?
No?
That's ok, I wouldn't remember it either if I didn't post about it here.
Anyhow, I got a new eyedrop prescription to use only as needed for eye pain, a muscle relaxer.
Because my focuser muscles are trying to focus but they cannot because of my implant.
So they can't but they keep trying and it hurts which is not pleasant.
So they can't but they keep trying and it hurts which is not pleasant.
(I'm trying to not think about having to deal with this for the rest of my life...)
Anyhow, the other day I tried the drops for the first time.
NOPE.
I did that.
I put ONE drop in my left eye around 11:30pm Sunday evening.
TWENTY FOUR (24) HOURS LATER I WAS STILL FULLY DILATED!!!!!
AND... the next morning after that my pupil STILL was not quite normal but it was getting better.
By early evening of the second day I was back to normal.
I put ONE drop in my left eye around 11:30pm Sunday evening.
TWENTY FOUR (24) HOURS LATER I WAS STILL FULLY DILATED!!!!!
AND... the next morning after that my pupil STILL was not quite normal but it was getting better.
By early evening of the second day I was back to normal.
WHOA.
Yeah, I'm not doing that ever again.
Not only do I look ridiculous and weird with ONE pupil dilated, but I can't see!
********
FUN EYE FACT: light colored eyes have less muscle mass than dark colored eyes.
My eye dr said his light eye patients could just look at the dilating drops bottle and they dilated, and some of his Black patients had to be dilated twice in order for the drops to work!
My eye dr said his light eye patients could just look at the dilating drops bottle and they dilated, and some of his Black patients had to be dilated twice in order for the drops to work!
Isn't that interesting?
*******
My Rx drops are different than the ones used in the dr office. They are a little stronger. (A lot stronger??) My dr said there are a lot of drops out there that relax eye muscles, and he was conservative in his prescription...I think he gave me one step up from what they use in the office.
The office ones last several hours on me but I'm always ok the next day.
But over 24 hours?
NOPE.
I'll take Advil instead.

I wouldn't take them again either.
ReplyDeleteAs you may remember, Bradley (eldest son) is legally blind and sees an Ophthalmologist every 2 years. They always put drops in prior to him seeing the specialist to dilate the pupils. Well, one time, the drops they used played havoc with the small amount of vision he has in one eye...extreme light sensitivity and blurriness...and it lasted for months. It was hard because Bradley depends on the small amount of vision he does have. Anyway, when I rang the Eye Clinic, they said it couldn't be the drops. I was adamant that his vision was normal (for him) prior to the drops...they fobbed me off.
We went to the Optometrist and she felt the drops were causing the issue but there wasn't anything we could do. When we did go back to the Ophthalmologist, Brad refused the drops from the nurse and when we told the Ophthalmologist what had happened at the previous appointment, she said not to have the drops again. Phew!
That is rather shocking. I wouldn't use it either.
ReplyDeleteInteresting fact about how the drops affect different eye colors.