topiary cats

topiary cats

Friday, January 04, 2019

Last-Minute

This morning I was looking at the Drawing NY sessions, which run all the time.  I have been to several, that's where I get my figure drawing fix. Also, I really need to find people so any getting out is a good thing.

If there are any extroverts out there who want to adopt a too-quiet but very friendly introvert, I'm your girl!

So anyhow this morning I was looking around and the one for tonight was on wait list.  I could go tomorrow, but I got to clicking around on calendars and found myself at Simon's (he is with Drawing NY) figure painting class (oils!) I have an account with them and have been meaning to do an Actual Class or Workshop of Some Sort. And Simon is an Excellent Painter.  So without thinking too much about it I put myself in the oils figure painting class for 4 Saturday mornings in January.

Starting tomorrow.

Morning.

Early.

Part of my brain is protesting not being properly consulted about this, but I got a fresh new 18x24 canvas after work and it is toned to be hopefully-mostly-dry for tomorrow.

It has been many years since I was in a figure-painting class (have been focused on plein air).  I want to get feedback, try new methods, and just get out of my head and habits.

If I had the financial resources, I'd absolutely be an atelier junkie.  Yay for classical oil painting!!

Raw Umber toned 18x24, ready or not for tomorrow morning.
I have to pack.
The materials list calls for solvent and Flake White!  Lovely Lead! REAL materials not scared-of-everything-marketing-safety-hype-everything-is-so-dangerous-but-let's-not-consider-your-household-cleaning-chemicals-which-are-FAR-worse-fear-paranoia materials!

Solvent and lead, I'm so in.





1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see/hear about your experience. It is so nice that you have this available.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!