Today I was keyholder in charge of the Sunday morning opening shift.
I got to the boathouse around 8:45am.
Normally, people start arriving by 9:30 for a 10am opening.
9:30 rolled around and I was still all alone... which was fine by me.
Everyone was probably wrecked from the historic Knicks win last night.
People showed up to kayak and I told all of them to come back at 11.
A delayed opening doesn't stress me out, not one bit.
I felt so chill and mellow and peaceful.
When I am keyholder in charge of a shift, I want good vibes.
People started showing up around 9:30 but we didn't open until 10:45.
It was a good shift.
Low tide can be pretty gross, and for a little while we had the most incredible 9and disgusting) sludge streak.
Of course I had to take pictures... and send to Bitz to let her know The Blob's cousin showed up today and says hi.
I feel like the sludge layers can be artistic, maybe one day if conditions are right I can paint the sludge.
That would be a fun painting.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!