I haven't painted for almost a month!
Whoa!
It's a combination of things.
Life, other plans, the boathouse, and simply not being able to line up the energy mentally.
So this morning I was feeling very direction-less, wondering where I should go and when and all those things.
Then I looked at my email and Francis sent a note about his painting class today up by The Cloisters.
He's a watercolor guy and the class is full (I don't want to take a class) but it's also open to the public and stop by if you want and everyone can paint together!
This was perfect for so many reasons... I get to see Francis, give him the Train Air Painting from last year, I have a painting location, and the time was late afternoon/early evening so I didn't have to rush even a little bit!
Francis said he almost didn't send the email... we were both glad he did!
******
I'm rusty.
I'm definitely rusty.
This painting was primarily about the foreground vs the atmospheric perspective background.
In that sense, this is a successful painting.
And the other things about it that I would tweak, I really don't care since I did accomplish my main goal.
Also, it's an hour and a half painting, with many interruptions, and I think it's fine for that timeframe.
8x10 oil
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!