The weather today was so perfect, and I needed to paint so I went over to Brooklyn Botanic.
No thunderstorms to crash my painting today!
I didn't have anything specific in mind today, so i wandered around the garden to find what i could find.
As it turned out, the wildflowers on the terrace by the rose garden and cherry esplanade wanted to be painted!
This was interesting because the view was different than what I usually do.
It's not traditional landscape.
The colors though--- the garden is so colorful right now!
So, I decided to do something different and challenge myself today.
There are a few tweaky things I wish I had noticed but they are minor and overall I am very happy with this painting.
Also it was really fun to paint! A perfect use for my Vasaris!
8x10 oil
BBG is a very special place for me.
I have been going there for over 30 years..... wow!
Beautiful post and your artwork is so wonderful. So happy you are so dedicated to painting. Many cheers and hugs.
ReplyDeleteHey Lisa! nice to see you visiting here again, hope you are well! :)
Delete