topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, September 06, 2025

Brooklyn Botanic Rain

Today was a great day to go to Brooklyn and paint, except for thunderstorms which were supposed to start at 7.

If you go out painting and mention it to people and there are tstorms coming, they will likely let you know about the weather- before and during your painting.  

Like I don't know how to check the weather......
Why doesn't anyone think I know how to check the weather?

Anyhow I went to Brooklyn Botanic and I'm glad I did.
Today I had 2 paintings in me but the tstorms started a bit after 3pm and I had just finished one painting.
Oh well, one is better than none!

This was a VERY quick painting because I did check the weather again when I started and i knew the storms were coming early.  I got the painting done in just under an hour.

8x10 oil




Using a huge brush for the block-in saves a ton of time.


Did I get wet?
Yes.

Do I care?
No.

Here is another pic of the painting, it's a little washed out. Not sure if this one is better or not, the actual painting is somewhere in between.

Photographing paintings can be more difficult than actually painting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!