Yesterday I had a facetime call with my aunt to go through some old stuff of mine that has been sitting in my mother's house since before I left for college.
So, a long time.
This whole thing has been absolutely horrible and is dredging up so much trauma.
The house- which has taken 9 months to empty- is almost done.
It has been traumatic for everyone involved except ironically, my mother.
But only because she hasn't asked and also she's mentally compromised/ incompetent.
She also still has not asked about either of her daughters.
She is coherent enough to kind-of converse and yes she recognizes people.
The house literally needs a hazmat cleaning.
It's so extremely bad. A biohazard.
A physical reflection of her extreme mental illness.
Which I got blamed for growing up.
I get a physical revulsion feeling seeing that space again.
My aunt gets it too and says I'm the only one who understands this.
I sure do.
********
We went on a boathouse trip last night to Gansevoort beach.
It's about a mile up the river.
The orange Disco is now my absolute favorite boat.
This trip was a good distraction, it was good to be around fun wacky people and laugh for a few hours.
Ethan did some interviews, here is mine:
And it's true.
I feel like a brackish oyster, constantly filtering the crap of life.
The oyster is my current spirit animal or something.
I'm tired of it.
But it was a very fun evening and I am so grateful for this community.
The water is amazing and so is the Disco.
It is small and lightweight, fast and very tippy, and glides through the water.
It is a small-person boat.
The water is very warm and I love being on the river at night.
Coco and Reign
.jpg)
.png)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!