Daya is very interested in a company called Ballet BC.
Despite the name, they are not a ballet company.
They are Canadian.
She got to take company class with them over the summer.
They performed in the Fall for Dance festival we have every year.
Daya asked me to go with her.
So, last night we had a nice dinner and then saw a lovely dance performance at City Center.
It's a gorgeous building.
Amazing Islamic design!!
Three companies were on stage- Ballet BC (I liked their piece the best), classical ballet from The Netherlands who did the pas de deux from Romeo and Juliet.
The third dance was a whole production...movie screens, singer,, musicians... it was about tango.
Neither Daya nor I cared for it, and for the same reasons.
It wasn't so much as showcasing dance as it was about a bunch of different elements telling a wider story.
I know nothing about dance and Daya knows everything about dance, so it was very validating we had the same perspective.
*********
Tonight, Daya performed with the workshop dances at Juilliard.
Basically, workshop is side-project dances that people do either solo or in groups.
They also work with a choreographer.
Daya danced to the theme from The Long Dark, which is SO COOL since that's pretty much my favorite game since early 2015, and I raised Daya on it.
I raised my kid playing The Long Dark and the theme ended up danced on stage (well, informal theater floor) at Juilliard.
I'm going to take a moment to congratulate myself on good parenting.
Daya was such an incredible presence performing, as she always is.
She was glowing and looked happy and she let me take her picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!