topiary cats

topiary cats

Saturday, July 05, 2025

Yesterday

Although it is my instinct and tendency to isolate when I am not doing ok, I made myself go to the boathouse for our annual 4th of July party.  This year there were no fireworks in the park, thankfully! I didn't enjoy last year- way too many people! We also remained closed to the public and kept it a day of volunteers and invited guests.

It was a good time.
I can be a little off and people are good and supportive and caring even if they don't know what's going on and that's nice. And it's good to be in a place where I am known and accepted.
Also, I am part of a community, and it is important to show up for that and contribute.
My absence would likely have caused some concern, and isolating isn't healthy right now.

I went for a swim in the river...... a few times.

I also lost my sunglasses to the river when I did a self-rescue in the inflatable unicorn.
The River Gods must take their tokens!
My unicorn self-rescue was successful though and that's really all that matters.

I took Reign for a paddle.
It is ridiculously difficult to take a selfie with a dog in a kayak.



There were many deck boat self-rescues today.
I stayed out of deck boats, mostly because I felt lazy.
I do like them though.


The kayak jousting platform! It is epic.
I love it. I'm so proud of Andrew for thinking it up.


Aimee looking good in a deck boat.


The Inflatable Unicorn I am now officially certified to self-rescue in.....
(that's not me in the picture)


I have a "thinking spot" on the north corner of the dock.
It's also a nice place to paint.
My gear today:


People came by to visit while I painted.


Painting start:


6x8 oil



Sunset.....









And of course we went on the water for fireworks, which is the only proper way to see them.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!