I always warn people when they come over they will get Pebble-Love-Bombed.
Pebbles stuck to my guest as much as she could. Slept with her. Sat on her. Hung out with her.
I got a Pebble-Break.
We had a nice time and also I am trying to figure myself out a little.
My friend likes yarn so I found a yarn store and we went Saturday morning.
Then braved the terrible crowds for the Bryant Park holiday market and the tree at Rockefeller.
I don't care about yarn even a little bit so I sat in a chair and read while my friend looked around.
Every year I seem to find myself in the holiday markets on a weekend, which is, generally, a terrible idea.
The crowds are so bad.
It was our first time meeting in person.
My friend was a lovely guest and my energy held up until Saturday evening.
Not my physical energy- my social battery energy.
I am completely drained, despite having slept well both nights she was here.
I can't tell if it's being out in the crowds (but not my first time doing that) or... and I feel terrible saying this because my friend is lovely and was a great guest.... maybe it's her energy. And I feel awful saying that because I really like her and do want to see her again but maybe it was just a lot on me because she really can't physically (and maybe also mentally) handle the city. And there is also a bad travel-anxiety issue (though she is well-traveled) and unavoidable environmental ptsd triggering. And it made me nervous a few times. She's old enough that she knows how to self manage but yeah... it made me nervous.
I really do want my guests to be comfortable and have a nice time.
And I also want them to be safe and have a good experience.
I want to be caring and supportive and at the same time I don't want to be in a position of handling someone else's extreme anxiety.
I'm feeling guilty for writing this but I'm also trying to figure out why I am so drained after this short visit, and what these unidentified feelings are that are coming up for me. I'm slow; it takes me a while to sort myself out sometimes. I certainly have my own issues. Why do I feel so awful to have these feelings about someone I like?
Ha, I don't particularly like yarn unless it is already a sweater. ;) Rest up. You will be ok.
ReplyDelete