On Friday evenings volunteers have dedicated time to go on the water.
But I can bring guests, and Janae joined.
I was not keyholder on duty, and I arrived after everyone else was already on the water.
(It's really nice having a key to the boathouse!)
While I was waiting for Janae and getting ready to go on the water, there was a trespasser on the dock.
Since I was taking a non-public boat out, I had opened the main boathouse door.
And I saw a strange man on the dock WITHOUT A PFD! You cannot go on the dock without a PFD!
There's a huge sign that says it and also authorized people only.
There's a huge sign that says it and also authorized people only.
The gate was properly secured and he jumped it.
The people on the water saw him but were too far away to do anything in time. He was on the dock messing around with the boat keys, then he wandered back up. I very strongly told him to GET OFF THE DOCK. And he wouldn't. His response waas to tell me to calm down. i asked who he was, what he was doing and told him again he was trespassing and get off the dock!
And that asshole said "I can't the gate is closed."
To which I said "That didn't stop you from jumping over it!"
He replied "Calm down!"
I opened the gate and told him to leave.... AND HE WALKED RIGHT INTO THE BOATHOUSE!
Then I got REALLY mad and yelled at him again to leave, and told him again he was trespassing.
He said... "Calm down!"
OMFG.
By that time 2 other volunteers had come off the water and between the three of us, he finally left but it took some doing.
I reported it to Boathouse leadership and they told me to call it into the park police, which I did.
They came over and actually knew who I was talking about.
So I hope he doesn't come back.
I felt really bad because Janae had arrived and we were on the water and I had to keep leaving and coming back to deal with this.
But otherwise we had a nice paddle, and we had dinner on the water.
Someone left their invisalign on the dock.
9/11 lights
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!