My goal for launching prints was Oct 1st... but today I had time to just plow through the huge last batch of image editing and setup, and a million other things..,.. so I decided to take that scary plunge and just do it.
So my prints are available and live now!
So my prints are available and live now!
This has been ELEVEN YEARS coming, since I painted the first Topiary Cats back in 2013.
I am so proud of myself for still painting through all those years... 15 years plein airing now.... I knew I needed to be ready to go when Daya was in college. Technically and from a useable inventory perspective.
I never wanted to have to catch up and resume painting after a long pause, it would be too much catching up. I could never get those years of practice and study back. And it's not just having a good product, being able to paint well and everything that has gone into making paintings- there is back-end tech too. Which I have also been slowly setting up- calibrated graphics monitor, even my website.
I was going to switch over my website to FASO a few years ago and I'm so glad I didn't after all.
What I have works, it's fine. Somehow I thought I couldn't do prints yet because of... well, insert reason here... and none of those reasons were actually true.
Mostly I have been overwhelmed by knowing about all the things I don't know.
It's been a bit paralyzing.
It's been an enormous amount of work, time, and money and I hope honestly that I can get some income from all this work. A friend recently told me it's time for me to get paid. She's right.
And I really, really want people to have and love the Topiary Cats; they need to be out in the world.
Weirdly, I am terribly scared to launch as well as being excited.
It's amazing how much fear there is.
I have irrational fears that people are going to hate my prints once they get them, even though I know that isn't true. My Pratt friend Mark has been wonderful and helpful, so has my art friend Francis.
If Fine Art America is good enough for Mark, it's good enough for me.
I'm scared I did something wrong during the ENORMOUS amount of prep work I have done this month.... and it has been a LOT. I want to crawl into a hole thinking about it.
I'm scared I did something wrong during the ENORMOUS amount of prep work I have done this month.... and it has been a LOT. I want to crawl into a hole thinking about it.
But the good news is the updates won't be so terrible, now that everything is established.
And there's more to come but this is a good start.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!