Today was a quiet day and I didn't have anything in particular going on.
Even though the weather is nice, I didn't feel like going out painting- the holiday crowds are still here.
So instead, I went to to The Cloisters, because it's been a while.
The trains were running really well, astoundingly, and it's nice to be able to just go up for a little while, float around in a very relaxed way, then leave.
I'm also in a medieval mood, due to a book series I found on Audible by Mel Starr. It's a series of medieval medical murder mysteries- the first is called The Unquiet Bones.
I'm on the third book.
They are wonderful.
The M4 bus runs up through the park to The Cloisters but the only time I ever take it is if I am with company that doesn't want to walk. It's only about a 10-12 minute walk up the park, and it's pretty.
I found this medieval hedgehog and sent a picture to Kedrin.
It wasn't empty today, but it wasn't crowded either which was very nice.
It's always nice to visit the Unicorn Tapestries.
There is a small exhibit downstairs called Rich Man Poor Man, another exhibit about medieval economics.
I guess The Cloisters is trying to echo the Morgan Library,
*******
Tomorrow is New Years Eve.
My egg tempera class is happening, even though Doug won't be there.
I decided not to go, since I have a late shift right after.
In general I don't like being out on New Years Eve and I don't want to go home late at night carrying a bunch of stuff. The goal is to get out fast and get home as close to midnight as I can. It'll probably be a little after, but not so late as to encounter all the drunk crazy people.
So, another year is done. I'm feeling a lot of general burnout but am trying to balance it.
Time overall is passing strangely, and no matter what is going on in the world we can always continue to hold good intentions. What else is there to do, really?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!