The Sargent show was SO CROWDED.
I have to remind myself how truly wonderful it is that people are showing up literally in masses to see paintings. It shows the power of art and that it is such a deeply intrinsically human thing to admire it.
And, Saregent's portraits command admiration.
I came very close to giving up on photographing the show because of the crowds, but I stuck it out and I'm glad I did.
I thoroughly enjoyed seeing all of these pictures of the clothes. I like the way you highlighted some of the hands in the paintings. I love all the fabrics and the details on the clothes. I can't imagine those tiny waists. I haven't had a waist for 20 years. :) They sure weren't afraid of color back then when they chose to use it. I can't imagine trying to keep those clothes wrinkle free and clean back then. Fun stuff.
ReplyDelete