topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

A Generous Assessment...

I had my yearly retina check today.
It was always bad but I think it's worse after cataract surgery, because light just bounces around differently in my eyes.

I have trouble in changing lighting conditions, especially going from darker to brighter.

So when my doctor shines her terrible lights, it's basically torture, but it must be done.

Anyhow apparently the vision test on my right eye was 20/80.
I don't know if I saw those letters and guessed right, or if I just guessed right, or if she was just being a bit generous because I got one or two right but 20/80 is astonishing.  

I have bad nystagmus, particularly in the right eye, I cannot keep it still which dramatically affects vision.
And social interactions, FWIW.

She looked at my chart from 11 years ago and I was 20/200.

So I guess that's pretty good, as surprising as it is because I really do struggle so much with vision, and it affects every aspect of my life. The nystagmus is terrible.

I'm happy about the 20/80 improvement but it doesn't really seem like it. I can't really do anything with my right eye.

1 comment:

  1. How disconcerting. At least it hasn't worsened.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!