topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, November 13, 2023

Yag Laser Part 2

I have a big flare in my vision after cataract surgery again, it was expected.
The fix is the yag laser, which I already had done on my left eye so I knew what I was in for.
It's not a big deal.

Eye dr took a picture of my lens capsule and showed it to me... it looks like wrinkly saran wrap inside my pupil. The yag laser is used to punch holes in the lens capsule (behind the implant) which helps the wrinkles flatten out and the flares go away (or change to being less-bad).

(I still have star-streaks around some lights at night in my left eye but it is definitely better than the flares.)

This is considered to be a surgical procedure even though it is done in-office and takes about 7 minutes.
It does not hurt, during or after.

I'm on prednisone drops for a few days, the same bottle I used in August so that's convenient.

Also, I got to say something I have never gotten to say before to the doctor: "Thank you for punching holes in my eye."

It is my fervent hope and wish to now be done with eye surgery for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I hope it is the last eye surgery ever for you too. Be well...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!