topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, November 23, 2023

Balloon Handling in the Parade!

I was a balloon handler in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade this year!
I have never even been to the parade. Being in the parade, however, is different than just standing around and it was ridiculously fun.

You have to have a sponsor to do this.
Boathouse friends hooked me up.

Kedrin and I were on the Uncle Dan balloon together.
Eddie H2O was a clown.

Uncle Dan is from a movie that hasn't come out yet- it's abut a family of ducks who are going on vacation to Jamaica, but end up in Jamaica Queens... which is NOT the same thing... I have to see the movie when it comes out!



My friend Grace was at the parade and took this picture.  Uncle Dan's left wing popped right as we were in the lineup to start marching! He lost some altitude and kicked me in the head once... but he still flew!







After the parade was over I headed home.  Daya was working in the morning til afternoon.
I made my wonderful salmon chowder at her request.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!