topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, September 27, 2022

I did wait 10 days..........

On September 12, Jerrys Artarama sent me am email with sale items.
In the email was a picture of a very lovely-looking set of Richeson pastels.
(They know how to get me.)



I am not allowed to buy any more pastels (self-inflicted rule) but I can look at them all I want.
And I often look at pastel sets.  And it is ok.

I do not have a compelling need for the set shown above.
I DID have a compelling need to send the picture to my friend Janet, who also loves pastels.
She asked me if I was sending her pictures of crack.
(Yes.)

They have other 20 half-stick sets, too, in different color/value groups.

Um, they are REALLY pretty.
Like this one:



All the turquoise!!
It's not money I want to be spending though, and Jerry's lists this set for something like $68.
Yeah, nope.

But a few days later I tentatively.... looked.... on Amazon just to see what I could see.

This set was listed from an independent seller for $48.
That's a really, REALLY good price.

Even though I need more pastels like I need a hole in my head, it was inevitable.
I don't know why this set in particular got me completely snagged.

I really thought about it a lot, and even waited 10 days to let the urge settle.
It did not.
Aren't they PRETTY?


I really need to get painting now.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by!