I am absolutely shocked that I made the 11:20 ferry over to Governor's Island today.
Because I overslept and woke up at 9!
Kedrin and I worked the desk and had fun with our visitors.
There were fantastic clouds on the island.
It was 86 degrees out today.
I need to do laundry, because clothing that gets wet from the Hudson River absolutely cannot be re-worn, although I made a one-time exception with my volunteer shirt today.
So all my regular boathouse/summer leggings are in the laundry.
I found another clean pair and got dressed quickly.
The day was hot but I was ok until mid-afternoon when I went for a restroom break.
And I discovered the clean leggings I was wearing were actually my fleece-lined ones.
No wonder they were still clean.
After that I felt about 10 degrees hotter than I did before this knowledge, and it was rather brutal.
I do not recommend wearing fleece-lined leggings in 86 degree weather.
***********
I had a nice chat with my art-friend Janet (from the Reuters art group) tonight.
Now I think I know why I can't paint.
It's stress about my website and prints and... basically taking things to the next stage... which I have no clue how to do.
I'm stressed about the prints I have had done, one is still not right and I'm feeling very overwhelmed.
And while the printer I'm using is also the same printer that several of my friends use and love, I'm having a rocky start. She changed the exposure on my file on the second version and it's too light. She thought my file would print too dark and it's too light and I can't compare my version with what hers was because she only printed the one she changed.
And while the printer I'm using is also the same printer that several of my friends use and love, I'm having a rocky start. She changed the exposure on my file on the second version and it's too light. She thought my file would print too dark and it's too light and I can't compare my version with what hers was because she only printed the one she changed.
I want to work well with her, I think maybe I'm going through that beginner initial period and I know she's good at what she does but I have to pay for all the mistakes. I need to get it right on my end.
I think she might have a bit of a quirky personality which takes some getting used to. I can somewhat understand this because I know I can come across the same way unintentionally...
Janet has gone through the initial prints from the ground up, I have a better knowledge of photography and editing than she did when she started, but I still need to learn some stuff. nd I had to bite the cost and get a colorimeter for my monitor.
My second print on Topiary Cats: Fearless was SO CLOSE, the color was good but it was to light and I'm just frustrated the printer made changes to make it lighter and it is too light. And she printed wothout borders despite very obvious specific instructions to print with borders.... and if I was being confusing (remember I'm new to this) she didnt ask clarifying questions.
So I'm stressed and annoyed.
I also STILL have not done anything with my intro year of FASO FROM JANUARY.
Website and printing, it's stressing me right the heck out.
Janet is going throug these things too, although she hired someone to build her website whereas I built mine.
But I need to start an e-commerce option and I'm overwhelmed and stressed.
I think this is why I can't paint, because thinking about it goes directly to these related stressors.
And my brainpower to process new info is at a bare minimum these days.
And my brainpower to process new info is at a bare minimum these days.
Ugh.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!