It was very cold today but- I added toe warmers inside my boots and it was enough to keep me from freezing. I think I may have officially won the battle against the cold.
At least in the 20s thru the teens.
I think I have the gear down. It is working.
But it does take a LONG time to get ready.
Anyhow, here's today's painting. It took over three hours today.
The painting has some issues but what I am very happy about is the composition.
I'm not sure a year ago that I could have done a zoomed-out view as well. It's something I have had trouble with, getting everything to fit, and I got it down today.
Note how the sky/light was completely different when I started. This is the light scheme I went with for the whole painting.
The toilet carpet is still a huge win.
There was an INSANE line to get into the Met; I wonder why? I have never seen it so long.
It was cold but I was completely ok today!
****
About an hour into my painting, a cyclist came over.
It was my friend Bitz!
I was so happy to see her and we chatted for a little while.
Like me, she is basically immune to the cold. We both love cold and snow.
About an hour into my painting, a cyclist came over.
It was my friend Bitz!
I was so happy to see her and we chatted for a little while.
Like me, she is basically immune to the cold. We both love cold and snow.
We took a very ridiculous picture to send to Kedrin.
**********
And yes I cleaned my brushes shortly after I got home.
I am always amazed that you can finish a painting in such cold. A lot of detail for cold weather painting. I am glad you got your toes warmed properly. I like the painting without the middle tree in the foreground. It is nice to have cold weather friends.
ReplyDelete