topiary cats

topiary cats

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Studio Cleanup & Other Stuff

 I have been s l o w l y been going through the chaos pile where my couch used to be.  I have old paintings that need to be destroyed and discarded, and I just need to get rid of junk in general.

So I have been working on the storage that's on the top of my studio shelving.

I threw away so much, it feels great.

In the midst of Really Old Stuff From Pratt, I found my Templeton animation cel that I thought missing for good since.... since my first apartment in Astoria!

Front


back


Full cel with production marks!


************

Also while going through ancient archives, I found this historical relic handbook:




My mother and aunt were freaked right the hell out about Y2K, the disaster that never was!

Me? I couldn't care less. Like not even a little bit.

They annoyed me by sending me printed websites with paranoid fear-mongering information and also they thought it was fine to add my email to email lists without my consent.

So I got flooded with Y2K spam.

I also think "helping others understand..." if they think differently from you is a really arrogant and condescending mindset. Have your beliefs but stop trying to impose it on others!!

Religions can be like this too with their "think like we do" conversion mindset and this absolutely definitely applies in the case of my family. And if there is a fear bandwagon to jump on... they're right there.

It was very annoying.

I can't get on-board with paranoid hysteria.  I just...couldn't back then and I can't now.

This 72 hour checklist is pretty fantastic...
It lists, among other things, "stress relief" (do they mean alcohol, which is not listed?) and.... a hatchet, which I hope is not the intended stress relief item.



******************
Oh, ok, some art... I have been working a little in my sketchbook this month, face practice but I havent posted it anywhere.

Tonight I went to the Reuters art session and just did what they were doing since I didn't have something specific going on.

I don't think the photo we worked from is a good reference because it was all airbrushed out but whatever. Some drawing is better than no drawing.

Graphite


******

And here are some cats:



1 comment:

  1. It is such a freeing feeling getting rid of unwante/not needed items. A bonus when you find a treasure. People can be so irritating sometimes. I really like the sketch of that lady. She is pretty. So are your kitties.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!