Kedrin, Kim, Janett and I went back to The Met today...and I wanted to go through the Disney exhibit again. It really was excellent. They have original Eyvind Earle paintings which are astounding in-person.
All the background art was astounding to be honest.
One of my favorite paintings is not in the catalog which is a bummer.
Also, I don't want to spend $50 on the catalog so I'm going to wait to get it later at a much lower price.
Also, I don't want to spend $50 on the catalog so I'm going to wait to get it later at a much lower price.
A few super-sneaky pictures...they are not great but I had to be careful.
My friends who were supposed to help me be sneaky were not very good at the "sneaky" part and kept asking (not quietly) if I got my photo yet...... no one caught me but next time I'm not telling anyone.
This is a Cinderella background in gouache.
Detail from an Eyvind Earle painting.
Style sheet for Lumiere from Beauty and the Beast... NO TOILET HANDS!
This painting of the cathedral forest is from Fantasia and isn't in the catalog.
This is the one I wanted to get a picture of.
The stained glass scene that opens Beauty and the Beast is in.... marker.
Cool.
ReplyDelete