Today is the Winter Solstice.
It is my last day of work for the year, but I have wrapped everything up so it is slow.
It is my last day of work for the year, but I have wrapped everything up so it is slow.
I went to pick up my Pizza Rat friend.
He is MINE and I love him so much!
Then I did my yearly tradition of going to light candles at St Patricks.
I lit one for me and one for Daya.
On the way home I was switching trains and an ancient J train pulled in... which is very weird because I'm nowhere near the J line... and a couple of seconds later the rest of the garbage train appeared. That made a lot more sense.
Here is the garbage train, posted for no other reason than it happened.
********
Drawing tonight- model was the lovely Katie in an AMAZING dress.
Drawing tonight- model was the lovely Katie in an AMAZING dress.
Simon said do Memling do I did.
7 mins
20 mins
And the 1 hour, colored pencil, Memling-inspired.
I don't know why I am using such S L O W mediums like colored pencil in such relatively short poses- 1 hour is not enough time for colored pencil but it's what I had out to work with.
COMMISSION UPDATE AGAIN:
My manager received the painting yesterday and today we had a quick call (work, but the painting came up). He likes seeing it in person but is still lukewarm about it because it isn't a smiley happy baby... and he seems surprised that it has gotten really good response on social media.
So I guess he still doesn't like it, he's honest but nice about it. And that's ok.
I wish he loved it but it is what it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!