BALLET FLOWER
This weekend is the weekend I am going to three of Daya's performances in The Knickerbocker Suite at Manhattan Youth Ballet.
It is a wonderful show, very VERY NYC.
Pizza Rat is in the show!!
Daya has 3 roles- she's an Aunt, part of Couple in Love at the beginning (after the rats and cockroaches, who fight over a slice of pizza in the subway), and she has another role as a Flower which is near the end of the show.
She does not dance all roles in any one show.
Daya has 3 roles- she's an Aunt, part of Couple in Love at the beginning (after the rats and cockroaches, who fight over a slice of pizza in the subway), and she has another role as a Flower which is near the end of the show.
She does not dance all roles in any one show.
Some shows she is in Flowers, some shows she is in Couple in Love, same with Aunt.
I SCREWED UP
Since I wanted to see her in both Flowers and Couple in Love, I bought a ticket for today just to see her in Couple in Love.
I purchased the correct show ticket and it was on the calendar correctly, but it was in my head wrong.
I was supposed to go to the 3pm show but it was in my head as the 7pm show.
Looking at the calendar, which was correct, did not help.
Calendar reminders also did not help.
Because my head said 7pm and nothing could break through that. *****
(There is a lesson here.)
Anyhow I went to the 7pm show and they let me stay, they put me to the side in Late Seating and it actually turned out to be a REALLY good seat. And Daya was an Aunt in the show which I wouldn't have seen otherwise. So I just missed seeing her in Couple in Love, but I'll catch it on the video.
I'm going to 2 more shows tomorrow.
CLOUDS
Because I thought I had a whole afternoon free I decided to do a little cloud study with leftover paint from Hudson.
This is based on some really cool clouds we had here Thursday evening... I made up the water and don't really like it.
Clouds are deceptively difficult.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!