topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day

Today was much better than the previous 2 days.
Daya finally snapped out of her funk on Sunday evening and my amazing awesome goofy incredible girl came back.
I'm exhausted.

********
I painted today, wanted to finish but I didn't so will post later.

I also did go to figure drawing.
Model was Madeline, she's awesome.

1 min warm-ups

7 mins




20



1 hour-ish, a little less.



********
Daya cannot go stay with her friend but her friend's mom asked if she could pick Daya up and take her to the park for a few hours.
Of course I said yes.

Daya hasn't seen anyone but me since March 13.
Store cashiers don't count.
I'm glad she got out and had a great time outdoors with people.

I wish I could have gone too, I feel very wilted.
I also haven't seen anyone except Jackie, briefly.

To go to the park with someone, to go to the beach..... these seem like monumental amazing things.

I wish I had more friends to do stuff like that with, even after all this mess is over.
It just seems so amazing to be able to do that.
Such a simple thing.

I have people I talk to everyday but none are local and it's not the same thing as having someone here.

Despite my best efforts, I know I'm depressed but who wouldn't be?
I need an environment change.

The lockdown stuff feels weirder now because the weather is so nice, people are out, and everyone else is open at least partially. We are the last ones in the state. I wish I had a person with a car. I wish I had a car. I wish I had more practice driving, I'm still scared in the city, I need practice in a calmer environment.  It's a confidence thing.  I want to GET OUT.


1 comment:

  1. I am glad that Daya got her locked up bubble burst even if just for a few hours.
    I hope you get some relief soon. It is not fun what you are going through. I am sorry for you in this situation. Wish I could whisk you down here for a change of pace. I could turn you loose in the country to drive to your hearts content.
    Your sketches look promising.
    Big hugs...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!