topiary cats

topiary cats

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Boiled Creme Treats

If you have ever traveled around Skyrim, you have encountered Boiled Creme Treats.
My Elder Scrolls cookbook has a recipe for them and I made it.

I got the temperature wrong for my yeast; Carey says to leave it out of the fridge for several hours before using. I'm sure this was my problem.... they poofed up a bit in the oven but the dough did not rise properly.  So they are a little dense.

The custard sauce is ok, it's missing something and I think all sugar needs to be substituted with honey.

I'll have to make them again.

But Daya likes them.


Someone made this very funny picture of them in the game:



********
I brought 2 of them over to Jackie last night and she was home!
It was SO GOOD to see a friend face to face, I really needed that.

I have definitely hit a wall with the lockdown.
This is a hard week.
Also I think Daya is depressed but resists all assistance, especially mine.
She's in a moody teenage slump.
At least she has a friend to talk to, there's nothing I can do about this shitty situation.

I've just hit a wall with everything.

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine being cooped up with a moody teenager. This being cooped up is wearing on my nerves too. I was so pleased that you left me a Happy Mother's day comment. Made my day. I am glad you got to see your friend. These are weird times. I am afraid it is going to get worse before it gets better. I hope I am wrong. It might just be this gloom and doom atmosphere. Stay strong. We must.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!