topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, May 11, 2020

Lockdown Blues

Today is Monday and it is beautiful outside,
I'm in week 9 at home day after day and I think I'm starting to hit a wall.
Our shutdown has been extended until June 7 now.

Mostly I have been holding up ok through this whole thing but now I'm not feeling great.
Maybe it has to do with yesterday, Daya forgot/ignored Mothers Day again for the second year in a row.

I wasn't going to write about it because  part of me says it's dumb to be upset but I am.
Last year was upsetting because she had just gotten her LaGuardia acceptance and she didn't do that alone. This year she's just stuck in her own head and can't see outside herself.
I just feel very unappreciated.

It is true that Daya is a good kid but when she's awful- she's really awful.
It takes its toll on me.

It;s hard seeing everyone with their families together on social media, happy and smiling, they have a car to escape, they have each other.  I feel very alone.

4 comments:

  1. If it helps at all, I think about you every single day. Sending you much love (and hopefully another postcard soon). <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny you wrote that. I was doing ok with telework until TODAY. I seem to have hit the same wall. Not that this helps.

    PS: I LOVE your blog!! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PPS: Happy Mothersday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will say it for you...That little bratt.
    That being said, you made my day when you wrote on my blog happy mothers day. You are a sweet lady and a very supportive Mother. Don't let that little teenager bring you down.
    The wall is there no doubt. Hang in there. I am rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!