topiary cats

topiary cats

Sunday, December 15, 2019

Superlative

Daya needs new shoes AGAIN and I'm sticking it on my blog because I always need to look back as a reference point. She had to go on flat in her pointe class last week.... those Gaynor Mindens did NOT last longer--2 months!!!-- and she didn't tell me until after she couldn't wear them anymore.

We started at Onstage.


They are so amazing there. So. Amazing.  But they had no shoes for Daya, yet knew the shoe she would probably need (and they were correct!)...so they did not charge us for the fitting and we went up to Bloch......... (where I wanted to go in the first place to get the shoes she had over the summer that she liked...)

We couldn't remember the name of the shoe she liked, and there's one she doesn't like that I had to replace----- I know Bloch had her on file at one point but they couldn't find it... so I searched my blog and couldn't find it here either SO HERE IT IS:



We spent about an hour and a half trying on shoe after shoe and none of them were good for her until we finally arrived at the same shoe she had over the summer.

You would absolutely NOT believe the amount of variations in pointe shoes. Hundreds, easily. It's astounding.




I get to do this all again in 3 months
Not pictured: jet glue.

1 comment:

  1. You are lucky that you have stores within reach.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!