I didn't want to just stay in all day, and I wanted to give my new boots a try so I went out painting in Central Park.
I also got some of these sole warmers. Painting in the cold is generally ok with the right clothing except for my feet.
It wasn't actually that cold- about 45 degrees which isn't too bad. I didn't even wear my gloves.
New boots are great, the sole warmers are great. If it's really cold out I might need 2 in each shoe though.
I felt them when I was walking around, not so much when I was standing still- but when I started moving around again the heat was really strong.
It took me a little while to find a good spot, I was feeling a little fog-headed but it was still good to get out.
The light was nice.
6x8 oil, about an hour and a half.
I should probably post a better picture of this painting, maybe I will remember later.
I also got some of these sole warmers. Painting in the cold is generally ok with the right clothing except for my feet.
It wasn't actually that cold- about 45 degrees which isn't too bad. I didn't even wear my gloves.
New boots are great, the sole warmers are great. If it's really cold out I might need 2 in each shoe though.
I felt them when I was walking around, not so much when I was standing still- but when I started moving around again the heat was really strong.
It took me a little while to find a good spot, I was feeling a little fog-headed but it was still good to get out.
The light was nice.
6x8 oil, about an hour and a half.
I should probably post a better picture of this painting, maybe I will remember later.
I like the way you always find the light and shadow of a space. Glad your new boots work well with the warmers.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas.