In exactly one week from right this second I will be post-surgery.
I'm SO OVER these glasses.
The cataract is definitely getting worse, and I'm over that, too.
I have a posterior subcapsular cataract, and once they start they go fast.
I'm just so very over all of it.
This week will go by quickly though.
It's Daya's last week at SAI, and every single night this week except Wednesday (due to SAI performance) she has competition rehearsal til late.
I need to use this week to prepare for next week, as there are some things I won't be able to do for about a week after surgery. Like lift anything. I have to limit any kind of physical exertion.
I wonder if I still remember how to paint? I have been so checked out of it.
This limbo feeling has been so weird, I haven't felt like doing much of anything.
Almost there.
I had Gary (my husband) explain your cataract to me. He is a retired optometrist. He says not to worry. You will be fine. This surgery is like any other cataract surgery. I say if you are like many other people I know that have had this surgery you will be thrilled with the results. Just do what your ophthalmologist tells you to do and all will be well and good.
ReplyDeleteI have all the faith that your painting muse will return when your eyes heal. You will want to get out there and paint up a storm and you will see all with clarity.
My husband and I both have cataracts in both eyes, but they are slow growing. Good luck with your surgery! It is amazing, I've heard, how quickly you get right back to normal...but you can see!!! Yay!
ReplyDelete