topiary cats

topiary cats

Monday, July 01, 2019

Adjustment

So I'm a few hours into glasses and it is a huge adjustment.
They are very heavy, I already have a red line on the bridge of my nose.
I also need to get them adjusted, so will have to do that today.

I need to figure out sunglasses..... will try some of those clip on ones.

My cataract- while noticeable in contacts and also without any lenses- is more pronounced.
I think it is still getting worse than even earlier this year.

I really can't see very well.  I'm ok to get around and work but I could not, for example, drive in glasses. Definitely not.

In the evenings I plan on wearing my right contact and patching my left eye, so I don't have to re-break in my contact in that eye and also to give my face a break from these heavy things.

There isn't anything I can do about my glasses, and people trying to make suggestions on how to improve them is annoying because it's all just basic stuff that would have already been done if possible or practical, or their "helpful solutions" don't make any sense. It's the lenses which are a problem, because of the prescription. There is only a a little that can be done about that, which has already been done.

So it's a month and a week, I know it will all work out for the best and this is something to just get through.  It has to be done sooner or later and sooner is better.

I haven't  been in glasses since I was 11, and then very briefly after my retina surgery when I was 13.
It's amazing that, all these years later as an adult, I feel very conspicuous.  It was hard having these thick heavy glasses as a kid.  People were very unkind.  I won't experience that now as an adult, but isn't it strange how feelings come up that are essentially irrelevant in the present.






1 comment:

  1. Cute glasses sorry to hear they are such a pain, literally. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!