topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

SAI Performance

Daya's SAI performance was tonight and it was AWESOME.
Also, look who made the front cover!






Tickets were assigned and they had me on the balcony..... I was not pleased with that so I went to the ticket people, told them I can't see, showed them my glasses and asked for better seats.  As I was asking a lady walked up and said "I have 2 extra tickets"... and they were in the center, 7th row, and no one was sitting in front of me!

Even being so close I could not pick Daya out from the other dancers... I really can't focus on small details at all... but we will get a (free!) dvd of the whole thing so I'll watch it again.

The entire performance was really fantastic, and so was the art exhibit.
It's so good to see the arts alive and thriving with young people who are super-skilled.

I am not surprised by the degree of skill and talent in such young age groups. Not one bit.  Mostly I'm just so happy to see it and I'm proud of all of them.

*****
The visual arts kids are doing some things that are more advanced than when I was in high school, and I 100% attribute this to digital photography.  They just have access to so much more readily-accessible imagery.  The skill level is the same in general (for an advanced group) but they take it further. It's nice to see that.  However, the best work is ALWAYS done with a solid foundation on working from life.

I always look at the visual arts stuff at Laguardia as well and I'd say the same thing about them. Some of it is really, really super-good.  Not all of it but a lot of it.

*****
I forgot to take a pic of Daya after the performance so I did it on the way home.



It's common to see rats in the subway but I haven't ever seen a mom and baby together before!



2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately I was not at home during the performance. :( Hopefully it will be on Youtube at some point and I can see it. I am happy that you got to sit up close for the performance.
    I have seen a rat with young before. They were around a livestock feeding station.
    Best of luck with your Cat surgery.
    Best of luck with your cat procedure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, The performance link I posted is for Sunday (tomorrow) morning. This was different performance from her intensive. Tomorrow is competition. :) Thanks for the good surgery vibes. <3

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!