topiary cats

topiary cats

Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Trash River

Last night right after work I went down to the boathouse to paddle some laps.
Now I guess I can say I have been there this month.

I haven't been on the water for a while...... the river was trashy and windy and choppy.
The dock is trashy too- probably no one has been there since the storm this past weekend, and the river is still spewing up tons of trash and wood.

I put a couple lights on a Prowler and knocked out 12 laps in exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes- it's about 9 miles in distance. In that water especially, it's quite a workout. It was a tough paddle but my system needed it. And I wanted to make sure I can still do it. I still have the stamina and strength.
And I'm not sore.

Despite having been off the water for a while, and also not being as physically active lately as I normally am, I was fine.  The river suddenly calmed down considerably for my last three laps.

I also felt sorry for all the runners, like I always do, because I get to be on the water and that's so much better than running!

The water is quite warm right now too, as is expected.



I appreciated the helpful signage in true boathouse fashion, though my cool drawing on the whiteboard got erased.

This is the nature of whiteboards, I suppose.


I think there are more than sharps on the dock right now, the north side is really bad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!