Today pebbles went back to the vet for a follow-up appointment.
Despite everything, she has only gained 1/10th of a pound which is bad.
This is a very Pebble-thing to do.
I thought she had gained more; she sure feels more solid but that scale doesn't lie.
I could have gone to Europe on the amount of money I have spent on this cat.
And Pebbles is VERY difficult to live with.
No other cat has stressed me as much as Pebbles has, consistently over the last 13 years.
I'm at the end of my rope with it.
I'm at the end of my stress limit, I'm definitely past the end of my financial willingness.
Especially since IT DIDNT EVEN HELP.
I'll get an update on Saturday.
*******
A guy came into the vet office while I was waiting.
And I was waiting for a long time because the office was running behind.
It's normal for people in the waiting room to talk to each other but this guy was something else, and he immediately hit my radar in a bad way.
He has a calico cat.
Who is the "only calico cat on the planet with perfectly spaced colors like this" because Howard Stern's wife told him so.
The guy was absolutely completely unhinged.
Fantastical bragging, fantastical drama about his life, WAY oversharing with complete strangers, WOULD NOT SHUT UP about himself. Also he was a college professor since 17 years old, has a computer science AND a martial arts background, was born with "hypersensitivity" whatever the fuck that is (probably schizophrenia), has had dramatic near-death experiences a few times etc etc etc.......
I closed my eyes and pretended to nap so he would not engage with me.
I had to hear his dumb stories twice, and they kept getting weirder and weirder.
He spoke like a narcissistic schizophrenic weirdo who wanted to just talk fantastical shit about how special and divine they are and the great dramatic depths of their suffering that no one else can possibly relate to.
Awful.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by!